Thursday, March 13, 2008

Palette Palette Junkyard Sale / February 2008

I'll be making a magazine from scratch for this second and last semester! We were asked to bring in a magazine for today's class and I, konon-kononnya cool, brought in Monocle.

Ya, ya, ya... I'm 10 issues late.

But I do like Monocle. Well, I'm actually in the process of finding what I like about it because the thing is damn thick. Ignoring the ads of high-end brands, the magazine is nice to look at. I like the fact that they use multiple kinds of paper stock and startling photography. The grainy paper, I think, brings out nice hues (and slightly blurrish feel) of the photographs.

As for content, I must say it varies from Finnish border guards to men's sweaters. An eclectic collection of so coolly and far-reaching articles (writers and photographers are sent to over 50 countries to deliver stories).

If only it wasn't priced at $20 AUD.


Listening to: No One by Alicia Keys

No comments: