Saturday, April 19, 2008

Kuala Lumpur / November 2006

Stomach ache and feature article for magazine pulled me out of bed today.

I'm 8 days away from submitting my first feature article and I'm moving as extremely slow as a sloth. I wanted to write on vintage-inspired clothing and accessories with a focus on this cute Betty Bop-esque shop in Newtown called Pretty in Pink. The designer did agree to an interview but that was a week ago. I've been suggesting dates but she's superbly busy. So busy that I'm not going to write about her anymore.

So in my most busuk manner, I've spent 2 hours on thinking of a different angle for my feature article. Why not write on vintage shops instead of vintage-inspired shops? There are a lot of vintage shops around here and despite smelling bad, they might be easier and friendlier to talk to. My expertise in Googling pointed me to Pigeon Ground Records and Clothing - a super tiny vintage shop for ol' skool junkies. It looks like a really cool shop. They sell vinyl, clothes, accessories, books, etc. Their space, for whatever small space that they have to sell stuff, is also used for small gatherings, mini exhibitions, product launch, etc.

So yeah. That.

I hope they'll reply my email soon because I've got my knickers in knots over this feature article.

Now wait, brush teeth, wash face, put on contact lens and have breakfast.


Listening to: -

No comments: