Friday, May 9, 2008

Sheila Majid, Kuala Lumpur / February 2008

Did I tell you about the time I was sent to cover Sheila Majid's concert for KLue? Shermen, the photographer, was too cool for this. His tight vintage t-shirt and skinny jeans would have stuck out like a sore thumb in the middle of thirty somethings. Oh and like all hipsters, I'm sure he had other places to go that Friday night.

So I went with Fahmi, disguised as a writer for KLue, in tow.

We were given RM200+ seats, which was sweet because it was free, but we were light years away from the stage. I was seated on the same row as other photographers. No Shermens here. Only pakcik-pakcik and abang-abang from your Malay dailies, magazines, etc. Fahmi sat behind me, along with kakak-kakak and abang-abang (think Mama Juwie) from magazines. While we cursed in our seats, the Malay newspaper and magazine gossip folks were interested in a few things: Ning's wedding (from her dress to her pelamin), Anuar Zain and Sheila Majid (her new life with her new husband, Acis). I think Fahmi wanted to cry in his seat.

The concert was alright. Sheila's still the same only that she looked a tad preggie. She sang most of her songs. Everybody stood up and sang with her. Good ol' memories for the crowd of thirty somethings. Everybody was happy.

I was happy. I managed to get a few decent photos out of the hundreds I took that night, then got them published on a page spread in the March issue :)

Ok malas to write already.

Have a good weekend!


Listening to: -

No comments: