Thursday, June 12, 2008

Breakfast at Elaine & Philip's, Mont Kiara / January 2008

Nothing beats the feeling of getting up early, taking the bus into the city and catching a movie at 10am.

[Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Tokyo Sonata was good, in that dysfunctional Japanese family story sorta way. Not as moving (and fucked up) as Hirokazu Koreeda's Nobody Knows but I do appreciate Japanese subtle sense of humor (refer to Koki Mitani's Welcome Back, Mr. McDonald). Anyway, it was a full house and Kiyoshi was there to introduce his film]

I liked being in the State Theatre. When I stepped in, I was awestruck by the
Italian, Gothic and Art deco design. It is, by far, my favorite place in the city.

Now back to finishing work before I get to watch Wisit Sasanatieng's The Unseeable tomorrow evening :D

Listening to: Shelcha by Yael Naim

1 comment:

nais said...

susah betul la photo requests. i dont even remember taking photo requests.

nah, click here:
http://www.twothousand.com.au/assets/_thumbs/picture.10cropped240x180entryfull.png