Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Urbanscapes / June 2008

A recent blog entry elsewhere has revealed my first clubbing experience! Aiyerrr...

Thanks, kawan.

According to her cerita, dunno if it's reliable or not, it was in 2002. That must have been my first year in uni. I was only 19. I had made friends with all sorts of people that year including some kaki clubbers. At that time (this is a clear indication of age) Orange was the place lah... the club du jour before the establishment of Novo, Zouk, Heritage Row and most recently Ministry of Sound.

Anyway, some people just get it right the first time around lah... you know, like first day of school was great, first date was memorable, first day at work was a Kodak moment? My 'first clubbing experience' just had to be the opposite lah.

Eyewitness' accounts of the event :

On attire:
"Seorangnya berambut leper belah tengah, dan dua orang lagi berpakaian lengkap seperti mahu ke pasar malam Seksyen 18."

"
masa tu dia pakai spek mata steve urkel versi perempuan."

On social skills:
"jln pegang tgn sama-sama"

On looking/acting cool:
"Minuman pilihan malam itu : Orange juice sebab kononnya cool minum orange juice di kelab Orange. Faham? Orange di Orange."

Needless to say, it was quite a sight lah but I vaguely remember that phase and I don't really want to remember it. It wasn't so much about the company or the late nights. I was never interested, you see, but I still went because my friends went (it was much later that I identified this as a form of peer pressure).

Years later, despite a bigger circle of friends, events and really nice clubs (The Argyle, The Ivy, Art House in downtown Sydney), I still have very little interest in clubbing. I've even earned a title: the designated handbag holder. Haha.

I don't know lah.

Clubbing to me is like how you'd ask a botanist to look at a microchip, you know?

Listening to: -

1 comment:

Izuan said...

i agree with husni. naiveness is only natural especially when it comes to the first time of everything. and i love the way you responded to jebon's entry with one single word that accurately sums up your feelings about her entry.