Monday, September 15, 2008

Steve Urkel, Sydney / Photo by Sabrina / June 2008

I've been tagged by Syed Husni Syed Abu Bakar to do this 15 things nonsengs.

1. Unlike Jebon and Husni, my Bahasa Melayu is so teruk. I can't write/speak in Malay without sounding like a dud. C6 for BM for SPM. Selamba.

2. As a kid, Miffy was my hero.

3. I like bragging about running on the treadmill especially when I've gone on P3 mode aka 'fat burner' mode (4kms of brisk walking, jogging and running). This P3 regime, which lasted no more than 3 times, was actually prompted by Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2007. The things that flat stomach and long legs can do to you.... Anyway, I don't know which is worst: having inferiority complex or not exercising because I overcame that inferiority complex.

4. My number one fear: balloons.

5. I get Husni, Fahmi and Sabrina to rewrite edit my articles. Shameless.

6. Keanu Reeves said 'hi' to me at his Street Kings premiere in Sydney. Selamba.

7. Old furniture and old buildings make me nostalgic. I particularly like Majestic Hotel, shop lots on Lebuh Armenia and the Bok House.

8. I can hold in pee for quite some time. "Joy of retention," as a friend puts it... though I did pee in my pants once in primary school. Recess was almost over and I had to return a book. At the age of eight, it was a hellish binary situation: to go pee or kena denda for not returning a book on time. Luckily I wore track pants.

9. Star City 's bright lights has seduced me three times. I lost twice and broke even once. Here's a tip: go play Roulette and/or Black Jack with accountants.

10. I'm a champion when it comes to singing Coldplay's Fix You on SingStar.

11. I insist on marrying Tony Leung Chiu-wai.

12. There are only two movies I watch over and over again: Chungking Express (one of TIME Magazine's ALL-TIME 100 Movies) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Chungking Express is on a daily basis, right before sleeping.

13. Obsessed with Havaianas: six pairs and counting.

14. The first time I produced a theatre production (Dua, Tiga Dalang Berlari by Five Arts Centre) was in June 2007. It won an award at the Cameronian Arts Awards 2007 for Best Group Performance (Theatre).

15. I'm a Sydney University Alumni with a Masters degree in Media Practice. Selamba.

--

I'm tagging all lah

Listening to: -

4 comments:

MarhaenX said...

because diorang terlalu nakal, so selalu sangat kena retention.

hehe.

Jebon said...

Kerana kami bangga ada ability itu (kerana tiada abilities lain)

Myra, havaianas tu bukan macam selipar Tat Seng tapi mahal ke?

nais said...

ada salah faham ya, jebon. saya menulis tentang retention abilities bukan semata-mata hendak berlagak. ia hanyalah satu pemerhatian saya.

kan ada link. yang kamu ni malas kenapa? iya lah rm60-70 a pair

nais said...

can still go get TAT SING slippers meh? this is the white and blue ones right?