Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kheng / Your madder's house / October 2008

Meet my new tenant - Mr. Kheng... but since we're pretty chummy (I'm giving him a discount on his rent), you can call him Kheng. Nothing more, nothing less.

As you can tell, he's an ice cream vendor on a bicycle. I'm a bit skeptical about his bicycle. The bicycle doesn't have a bell and the right tire frame is slightly crooked. "What's your problem?," he asks when I voiced my observation. Kheng takes a last puff of his cigarette, puts on his Nobita hat and rides into the sun. As much as I admire his confidence and determination, I can see him riding his bicycle in circles.

Damn tire.


Anyway, Kheng, as I've tried to figure him out, is a one-man show. Just look at him. Imagine cycling from one neighbourhood to another in a suit and bow tie! You might start to question his fashion sense (and blushed cheeks) but he's quite famous. The young and old are his loyal customers. If they're lucky, as I've just discovered, Kheng will spew quotes or random animal/environment trivia he collected from BBC's Planet Earth. If they're not, he'll just hand them the ice cream cone, take their money and ride into the sun.

[to be continued]

Listening to: -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was about to say the same thing... Although spouting quotes from Planet Earth bears an uncanny quixotic resemblance to the Turkish Ice Cream Uncle (TICU) in BB Plaza. TICU is cool, yo.

nais said...

husni: -_-

awty: oh but TICU will hop and dance and ring his bell. this one got mood swings.