Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Webcam Shots / 2007-2008

Fahmi will be rockin' NYC in no time! Woot!

While I was at Photojojo last night, I came across Postcrossing - a place where people can sign up to send and receive postcards from random strangers. I, hahaha, did sign up and, hahahaha, asked for an address to send a postcard to. My first postcard was for someone in Finland. I think she's a software designer or something, with a 7 year-old daughter and all. I wrote her a nice postcard. Then of course I got ambitious, right? I just had to ask for another address and Postcrossing gave me an address of a woman in Florida. Mother of 4 who'd like to learn more about the sender's place, culture, weather, etc. So I thought, "hey, I'll be nice and send this family an old school 1953 Qantas advertisement postcard, the one with the lady in a red bathing suit." Then it struck me that, hullo, you don't know much about Sydney, Myra. I had to Wikipedia Sydney to find things to write on this bloody postcard! I gave up writing halfway after I couldn't think of things to say besides the Sydney Opera House, population and weather.

It's the morning after and I feel very stupid for signing up with Postcrossing. I'm not going to send the postcards out.

I. am. not. a. loner.

Sheesh.


Listening to: A Hard Day's Night by Goldie Hawn

1 comment:

nais said...

i wanted to send you one but i dont have your address lah