Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Borobudur / March 2006

I had someone asking me about places to go in Indonesia. It was some guy from Sao Paolo, Brazil. He saw some of my Indonesian photos on Flickr and wanted my suggestion for another place to visit. Caio, who turns out to be a professional photographer with a nice studio - Estudio Manus, has Lombok and Borobudur in his itinerary so this was my reply:

Hi Caio,


Thanks for the message :)
Let me write about the places in point form so that it's easier for you to read:

Yogyakarta
  • Borobudur (Buddhist temple) and Prambanan (Hindu temple)
  • You can also catch some traditional art performances like Wayang Kulit (shadow puppetry) and dance in Yogyakarta
  • Mount Merapi in Kaliurang
  • Visit Ketep, where it offers a great vantage point for a spectacular view of Mount Merapi and Mount MerbabuIt
Solo
  • 1 hour away from Yogyakarta and you can go by train
  • The town is nice because it has a lot of old Dutch buildings. I think you can rent a bicycle to tour around town
I hope this helps!

Best,
Myra

Listening to: All I See by Kylie Minogue

No comments: