Monday, April 21, 2008

Jalan Masjid India / February 2008

The love/hate relationship I have with Facebook is taking an odd turn.

I've been a member since July 2007. With hardly a year of being there, I've 'collected' 316 friends. Not all of them are friends lah. Well, they are but more of acquaintances... because I definitely don't remember seeing/hanging out with 316 friends before/after I left for Sydney!

Childhood friends, ex school friends, college friends, university mates, cousins, 'celebrities', in-laws, former bosses, divas, jet-setters, mums, family friends, a 12 year-old, activists, musicians, creepy friend's friend, friends' significant other are all on my list.

It was not until a month ago that a different category popped up: aunts and uncles.

Yes, 2 of my aunts are on Facebook.

Then yesterday I saw an uncle's profile under the 'People You May Know' tab. Funnily, I held my breath so that he wouldn't find me and add me on Facebook. Bodoh betul, si Myra ni.

Anyway, finding my uncle on Facebook was the highlight of my mundane Sunday. It was a good (nervous) laugh until I asked his son about it.

"Is you dad tech savvy now?" I asked.

"Yeah but he's only on Facebook so that he can look at his grand children's photos," he replies.

[insert 'fuzzy warm feeling' here]


Listening to: Too Long by Yael Naim

No comments: